Community & Curriculum
Responsibilities to Parents
With the goal of building strong partnerships, Swasey Central School’s responsibilities to parents include:
- inviting them to participate in decision-making
- clearly explaining what is to be learned and how children are progressing, and
- assisting parents as they support their children’s learning at home.
Responsibilities to School
Parents’ responsibilities to the school include:
- making sure children come to school ready to learn
- actively supporting children’s learning in all parts of their lives.
The school encourages parents to participate in other ways where possible, such as attending school events, participating in decision-making, and volunteering.
Swasey School has traditionally enjoyed the strong support of the community at large. We should continue to build that relationship by:
- asking for community opinion
- answering questions, and
- encouraging the community to learn about the school’s mission and goals.
We recognize that the school is part of a larger community with many diverse needs.